"Parents have the first responsibility for the education of their children. They bear witness to this responsibility first by creating a home where tenderness, forgiveness, respect, fidelity, and disinterested service are the rule. The home is well suited for education in the virtues......Parents have a grave responsibility to give good example to their children. By knowing how to acknowledge their own failings to their children, parents will be better able to guide and correct them"
What a challenge the Catechism of the Catholic Church issues us! It a challenge worth taking and one that we want to help with. Below, you'll find a variety of links and resources on how as parents we can become intentional disciples, and form our children as intentional disciples.
Strong Catholic Families
- Here is a link to a FB page that offers resources almost every day from a variety of sources and perspectives on building up the domestic church.
- This is a phenomenal website that beautifully brings together research and practicality. Lots of resources, en e-newsletter you can sign for, and lots of ideas on how to make faith stick for a whole lifetime!
- Calling all spiritual mama's! This one's for you! Lots of articles, tips, and pick me ups on this website.
Don't worry papa's, there's a website for you too! Check out this great site made just for you!
- Here is a great list of ideas put out by our US Bishops on building the domestic church. Give one or two a try!
- Roy is a leading counselor, author, and speaker in understanding and raising teenagers in today's world. Check out his materials and boatloads of useful and relevant resources!
- Here is another fantastic website that is filled to the brim with various articles, blogs, ideas, podcasts, about parenting teenagers today from a variety or sources and perspectives.
Family Dinner Project
- Families dinner can be difficult....and quite hilarious at times! Check out this great website that talks about the POWER of family dinners, offers menus and recipes, conversation starters, and also fun games to play. A must see! "Food, fun, and conversations about things that matter"
This is a parenting website created by the Search Institute. It offers answers to your “need-to-know-right-now” questions and provides you with an understanding of what it takes to raise successful kids who will become healthy, responsible, and caring adults.
I love this website. It helps keep you up to date on the culture of teenagers today, what's trending, and how to have honest conversations about some of the tough topics with your children. Super practical and informative!